The more prepared you are for your move, the more money you will save because organization can save you hundreds, and perhaps, thousands of dollars.
When preparing for your move, the two most time consuming issues are:
- Disassembly/assembly of Furniture Items
- You can save time on your clock by disassembling and assembling your own furniture items. If you are unable or unwilling to disassemble and assemble your items, we will be happy to do so for you!
- Wrapping your Items to Protect Them
- Remove any breakable items from drawers including any in vanities.
- You may leave clothes in drawers of the dressers. All other drawers should be emptied e.g. desk drawers. Anything other than clothes adds unneeded weight and liability issues to the furniture in which items are stored.
- Put all valuables such as meds, money, and stocks and bonds off by themselves or packed in labeled boxes so that there is no question as to where these items are located. Jewelry boxes or cases can be transported by our movers however, we do ask customers stand with our movers while items are wrapped and padded. Customers are responsible for unwrapping these at the destination to ensure that nothing is missing.
- Clear any room in which the movers are working. We do not want to put children and pets in harm’s way because our movers have tripped over your loved ones.
- Please clear walkways/pathways of debris and/or clutter to ensure safe movement of your items and to prevent injury to our team or your family while walking about the home to and from the truck.
- Create a game plan and know where you want your items placed prior to arrival at your new home. Our movers are happy to place your furniture but make for terrible interior decorators.
- The more prepared you are the more likely you are to have a smooth move to your new location. We are all one team on moving day and together we will make a great moving experience!