Cash, Money Order, Cashier’s Check, Travelers Check Credit/Debit (9% penalty on all cards)
- Local Moves: Payment will not be due until the move has been completed at the final destination.
- Long Distance Moves: Half of the total moving cost is due at the beginning of the move while the remaining amount is not due until the move is completed.
No, Woody & Sons does not require any deposits on local or long distance moves.
Tips are generally paid in cash and a good rule of thumb for tipping movers is a minimum of $25.00 per packer or helper and a minimum of $50.00 for the driver/foreman. If you believe that the movers have done an extraordinary job then you may want to tip them more than this. Generally, the largest tip a mover ever receives is $100.00 per person.
Woody & Sons is fully licensed and insured per Florida guidelines. Per the guidelines we will cover $.60 on the pound for any lost, damaged or stolen goods. However, Woody & Sons does offer additional in house coverage and do make attempts to handle all claims individually while offering repairs or replacement in most cases.
Woody & Sons carries both 16 foot and 26 foot trucks on our fleet!
Woody & Sons staff frequently works in the rain. In the event of rain we will make our best call as to whether or not it is safe, for our staff and your belongings, to keep moving. If needed we will sit and wait the rain our and/or reschedule the move in hard storms.
No, in most moves an in home estimate is not required though it is suggested on larger moves. Customers can request an in home estimate at any time as we offer free in home estimates on every move.
Woody & Sons Moving does not believe in deposits as there are too many variables in moving. Should you need to change your date and/or cancel the move, we will happily do so, free of charge!
Our clock will start at the door of your first location and will end upon completing your move at your final destination upon completion of the move.
No, Woody & Sons moving has no hidden fees outside of the hourly, fuel and service fee (may change fuel and service to a our hours time trip charge) while there are no taxes on the services. There are taxes applied to any rented and/or purchased moving supplies such as boxes, tape, packing paper and etc.
All hourly clocks are based on actual time only therefore you will only be charged for the time moved as the estimate is just an estimated moving time for your planning.
Yes, but use your judgment. If the dresser is oversized and bulky and coming down stairs, take the clothes out please.
While most consumers prefer to have our professionals pack their fragile items for coverage purposes, yes you are welcome to pack your own fragile items. Be sure to ask us for packing tips and to label your boxes with the detail of the content inside.
- You should plan on transporting all valuables, such as money, jewelry, coin collections and important papers such as deeds, stocks and bonds.
- You much also transport all items that are flammable, explosive or corrosive.
- Lawn mowers and other gasoline-powered engines must be emptied of oil and gas. In addition, gas cans should be washed out to avoid fumes.
- Items affixed to the walls or ceilings must be removed. This includes ceiling fans, light fixtures, drapery rods, etc.
- Articles located in an attic or overhead storage level are suggested to be brought to floor level for packing and/or loading.
- Refrigerators and freezers should be emptied and defrosted prior to load day.
- Combustible Liquids
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Antifreeze Compounds
- Any Type Of Combustible
- Black Power
- Ammunition Of Any Kind
- Compressed Gases
- Unpurged Scuba Diving Tanks
- Fire Extinguishers
- Live Plants
- Food (Frozen Or Fresh)
- Corrosive Liquids
- Pool Chemicals
- Aerosol Cans
- Gasoline Of Any Kind
- Lighter Fluids
- Oil Based Paint Removers
- Paint Thinners
Breaking down your beds, desks, dressers w/ mirrors, and any other items that may need to be broken down as this is one of the more timely processes of moving in addition to furniture wrapping.